The Karpathos Island National Airport (AOK), along with a system of ferries offered by ANEK LINES and SUPERFASTFERRIES, provides daily domestic transportation, offered by AEGEAN AIRLINES and SKY EXPRESS ,between the Dodecanese islands and the mainland .
The peculiarity of KARPATHOS, unlike many other islands, is to have the airport operational for ALL 12 months. This give to people the chance to visit the Island on winter that is a magic season to live.
Daily flights travel to and from the Athens Eleftherios Venizelos (ATH; located in Athens, Greece), Karpathos Island National (AOK; located on Karpathos Island) Rhodes International (RHO; located on Rhodes Island), and Kasos Island (KSJ; located on Kasos Island) airports. All three of the islands are part of the Dodecanese island group. The three airports (other than that of Karpathos) almost exclusively connect to the Karpathos airport, so multiple flights are likely to be needed to reach one of these lines/layover points from your initial departure location.
Airlines within Greece that connect with the Karpathos Island National Airport:
- Olympic Air/AEGEAN AIRLINES connects Athens (ATH), Greece to and from Karpathos (AOK).
- Sky Express (Greece) connects Athens to and from Karpathos, Rhodes (RHO) to and from Karpathos, Kasos Island (KSJ) to and from Karpathos.
Other airlines that connect with the Rhodes International Airport:
- Blue Panorama Airlines connects the Rome Leonardo de Vinci Fiumicino Airport (FCO) in Rome, Italy to and from Rhodes.
- Aegean Airlines connects Athens to Rhodes.
- Ryanair connects Athens to and from Rhodes.
- Olympic Air connects Athens to and from Rhodes, and the Kastelorizo Airport (KZS) on Kastelorizo Island (part of the Dodecanese chain) to Rhodes.
Various charter flights from many major European cities are frequently scheduled during April-October.
Sophid Greece offers reservations for direct flights from these cities:
(subject to availability), or a private jet directly from a city of choice (quotation by request).
Additionally, there is ONE car— PANDA CROSS 4X4—as well as a Polaris Quad (a four-wheeler) that can be rented by request. There is also a taxi service that runs to and from the airport, and around the island for further transportation needs.